Post WW1 Rebuild
Chapelle is situated midaway along the north-south line
between Laventie and La Bassee, about 17 km. east of
Lille. Aubers with it's famous ridge lies east of the
village Photo left, Neuve Chapelle circa 1938.
Germany occupied Nueve
Chapelle again in the Second World War and used the region as a launching base
for attacks on England by the Luftwaffe. Heavy Allied bombing and fighting on the
ground again devastated many of the region's towns.